Variations in colour and texture are the prized characteristics of beautiful, tanned leather. Over time, the leather will acquire a patina and may also darken with exposure to direct sunlight, further enhancing the natural look of your sandals or your small leather goods. In order to keep your shoes in good condition, the following general leather care is recommended:
- Avoid exposing your leather goods to humidity and direct sources of heat eg.radiators
- Protect your leather goods from rain and moisture.
- Always store your products in the Ancient Greek Sandals dust bag provided, ensure the shoes are well ventilated before storage.
- Avoid contact with rough and abrasive surfaces.
- Prevent any contact with alcohol (perfume) and greasy substances (make-up, body lotions) To clean your leather goods, wipe with a clean, soft dry cloth.
- Please kindly protect all vachetta and suede leather with a waterproof spray. To be safe, first test the spray in an inconspicuous area. If all is well, go ahead and apply the spray all over your suede shoes or other suede items, and let it dry completely.
- In case of contact with water, do not rub the leather: use a clear dry cloth and apply a gentle tapping motion to absorb the liquid. If stains occur, dab the whole area with a damp soft cloth and leave to air dry. Apply a clear leather cream using gentle circling motions.
- To clean calf hair (pony) leather we kindly recommend using a damp cloth or a soft brush, always working in the direction of the grain, never brushing the fur back and forth. Regular gentle brushing will prevent a build-up of dirt and the consequent matting.